Livestream it is a Platform that allows customers to broadcast live video content using a camera and a computer through the internet and viewers are able to play the content via web, iOS, Android, Apple TV. Live online church streaming requires a form of source media such as ; video camera, an audio interface, screen capture software, an encoder to also digitize the content, a media publisher and a content delivery network to distribute those contents. Livestream requires a paid suscription for the content providers to use.
Therefore, livestream customers include ; NBA,Clinton Global Initiative,Tesla, SpaceX, World Economic Forum, Sporify, Gannett. Livestream was founded as Mogulus in the year 2007 by Max Haot, Phil Worthington, Mark Kornfilt and Dayananda Nanjundappa, and it has offices in New York, Los Angeles in London, Zaporizhia and Bangalore. Live streaming church platforms services have allowed church goers to experience their sermons and other events from all over the world in real time. This platform help to review and even rank five of the most popular live streaming services for churches, which are based on their features, ways of educating people on which platform will best suit their church service and help broadcast it to their congregation.
Therefore, there are a number of reasons for live streaming as follows;
- Broadcasting a church service help to reach members who are sick or injured, too old to make it in person to attend the church service or even those members who are travelling who wish to continue to participate in our own way of faith.
- It can increase the number of active participants in the church community and or even the attendance of the church by letting members who rarely attend physically watch services from their homes.
- Live streaming help to provide many people a chance to join in from a distance and also grants greater flexibility to church goers.
- Through live streaming, one has the potential to reach anyone remotely; all a participant needs is access to the Internet and the benefit is that one can widen access to information and events.
- There is reduced costs associated with travelling, lodging, venues, meals, and more that add up when creating a traditional event. Most of these costs can now be eliminated through the power of live streaming.
The following are some of the platforms for churches ;
This platform offers a well-rounded and comprehensive service at a competitive price. Smaller churches gravitate to the Starter Plan, but also receive the same great features as larger churches on the Premium Plan. It is easy to set up and get started, making it attractive for the first time broadcaster. DaCast is powered by Akamai, which is the largest content delivery network available which allows viewers to watch their stream from all over the world easily and reliably. The content delivery network enables alot of traffic to their stream without slowing it down.
Streamingchurch.tv boasts many of the church specific features which include; sermon notes, a map of church attendees simulate live service. The Map of the church help to show everyone who is attending that service and also groups them into a moderated chat, where individuals can discuss aspects of the sermon amongst themselves. A sermon note allows one to follow along as the sermon takes place hence ensuring he/she don’t miss a moment of the captivating information.
- Sunday streams
This is another streaming service devoted to churches and sermons which offer two pricing packages. Sunday Streams are easy to set up and to start broadcasting since they have a good reputation of responding within 24 hours from reaching out in an email support request. Therefore, the strength of Sunday Streams is its simplicity and ability to reach novice broadcasters.
This platform has a lot of features that help live stream all the church related events. Therefore, the pricing comes down to how many members one has on-site and not the features one would’d pay for hence no matter how many members one stream to, still he/she will get all of TruthCasting’s available features. They do have good quality support and hence, host their services with Amazons Web Services.
This is one of the biggest streaming platforms but its price tag and limited features in the lower prices options that do not make it necessarily ideal for most churches. Therefore, for starters their basic plan does not include live embedding for content which means that if one wanted to embed his/her church’s services onto their own website, one would’d have to upgrade at a cot monthly and with this cost, many of the smaller churches would be eliminated from using it.